#WinterIsComing and Whistler has never been more ready than this year. Whistler Blackcomb has invested in several major capital projects this past summer to continue to make this resort the best on the planet. So get those boards shined up... here is what is new this coming season!
The Harmony high-speed quad chair on Whistler Mountain will be replaced with a new high-speed chairlift capable of transporting six people on each chair, called the Harmony Six.
- Carrying capacity will lift by 50 percent from 2,400 skiers per hour to 3,600
- New lift will follow the same alignment, servicing terrain from the edge of Symphony Amphitheatre over to Glacier Bowl.
The Crystal Zone will undertake a dramatic transformation when the fixed-grip triple chair is superseded by a high-speed quad chairlift with a radically different aspect.
- The bottom terminal of the new chair will start at a lower elevation on Blackcomb Glacier Road
- New lift will simplify access to the Crystal Zone, eliminating the need to use the Excelerator Chair to access many Crystal Zone favourites such as Ridge Runner, Rock ’N’ Roll and gladed trails including Outer Limits
- Return access to the Glacier Express Chair will also be faster, allowing quicker access to the Horstman Glacier, Blackcomb Glacier and Spanky’s Ladder
- Skier carrying capacity will improve by 65 per cent to 2,400 skiers per hour
Crystal Zone Snowmaking Upgrades
To complement the opening of the new Crystal Chairlift, Whistler Blackcomb has invested in extensive snowmaking infrastructure for the Crystal Zone. The upgrade will ensure excellent early and late season coverage in the popular area, and boost the mid-mountain skiing options on Blackcomb Mountain.
Reminder... for all Washington and Canadian Residents make sure you purchase your Edge Card for the best value on and off Whistler Blackcomb this season with daily rates starting at just $65/day vs. the $100+ at the window. For non Washington and Canadian Residents, make sure you book your hotel and ski package by November 15th for the best deals. Call 1.866.787.1966 or visit online at whistlerblackcomb.com The 22nd annual Gay & Lesbians Ski Snowboard week - GayWhistler's WinterPRIDE is January 26th - February 2nd, 2014. Host Hotel Aava Whistler is getting geared up to make this an even better year! Remember to get your festival tickets by November 30th for the best value. Tickets now on sale!