Whistler Blackcomb - Holiday Snow & Terrain Update
Whistler is enjoying a great holiday season with local and destination guests alike enjoying the magic of play with friends and family on our snow covered mountains.
At this time Whistler Blackcomb has over 7,000 acres of terrain open for skiers and riders out of 8,171 –more terrain than any other mountain resort in North America!
Between both mountains all major express chairlifts and gondolas are in operation, weather dependent. Our guests have been skiing and riding groomed, snow covered trails suitable for all abilities, and the ski outs to all base areas - Blackcomb’s Upper Village, Whistler Village and Creekside Village - are providing one vertical mile of skiing from top to bottom. Check out the grooming report, updated daily as well as live lift status here: whistlerblackcomb.com
The snow in the forecast later this week has everyone drooling with anticipation and colder temperatures will enable Whistler Blackcomb’s large team of snowmaking experts to get into high gear to lend a hand to cover the slopes with even more snow.
FAST FACTS ABOUT WHISTLER BLACKCOMB’S TERRAIN AND SNOW NOW
· 7000+ acres of terrain open - the most terrain on offer in North America
· All major express chairlifts and gondolas are currently open including the NEW Harmony6 and the Crystal Ridge Express
· Top to bottom skiing - 5,280 vertical feet on Blackcomb and 5,000 vertical feet on Whistler
· Snowmaking: 250 snowguns on both mountains have converted over 230 million gallons of water into snow since the beginning of November
· Over 800 acres of terrain is groomed on average each night
· There is over 20cms of snow and colder temperatures forecasted for later this week
o Call 604-932-4211 or check whistlerblackcomb.com for the latest forecast and snow stats
· Best snow is in the high alpine and head up early for less crowds and the best grooming.
· Fresh Tracks Mountain Top Breakfast lets guests head up extra early to take advantage of pristine grooming.
· Horstman and Blackcomb Glaciers offering great conditions for Intermediate and Advanced skiers and riders.
· Whistler Blackcomb Snow School can guide to the best runs for conditions and abilities levels while giving lift line priority.
· Don’t forget to cap the day with legendary après at Merlin’s Bar & Grill, Dusty’s Bar & BBQ or the Garibaldi Lift Co.
WinterPRIDE is now less than a month away and still time to secure your ski package deals. Call 1.866.787.1966 or book online at whistlerblackcomb.com/gaywhistler